The following information is for Local and State Pageants that lead up to the crowning of Miss America’s Outstanding Teen. The list below is designed to assist with determining the eligibility for a contestant to compete in a Miss America’s Outstanding Teen State or Local Pageant, based upon the Age/Education eligibility rules of the Miss America and Miss America’s Outstanding Teen organizations.
To compete you must:
- Be a young lady between the ages of 13 and 17
- Be a United States citizen.
- Meet residency requirements for competing in a certain Local Pageant.
- Meet character criteria as set forth by the MNCO Teen and MAO Teen organizations.
- Be in reasonably good health to meet the job requirements for serving as MNCO Teen.
- Be able to meet the time commitment and responsibilities as set forth by the local program in which you compete.
- Must not be eligible to compete in the Miss America Competition.